Saturday, October 7, 2017

Inktober 8th: Crooked!

I totally forgot about Inktober!  Unfortunately, I'm not good enough to use ink, and I am a pencil enthusiast, so I'm working in graphite.
The word today is "Crooked."  I have chosen to subvert the intention of this; a shepherd's polearm is known as a crook, and if someone impaled on a spear has been "speared," then surely someone mangled with a crook has been "crooked."  The sheep-stealing wolf could also be described as having crooked ways (hence the bandit mask), and his posture after being mangled could be described as oddly-shaped or "crooked."

Of course I am heavily inspired by the women in my Karate class for the shepherdess' martial pose.

Drawn with a General's Layout on a Pro Art Travel Sketch 70# sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment