Saturday, March 28, 2020

Bones 4 Miniatures: Blue!


I have returned to my color wheel schedule.  It's a new day, and blue is a fine color to reflect the fresh, clean energy of Spring!


It appears an outdoor gathering is in progress, with esteemed community members collecting near a memorial to brave local heroes.  There is the town chaplain (in muted blue vestment) and the town wizard (in mystical blue robes).  The event is catered by the tavern's serving lady carrying a tray, and a milkmaid carrying cow-fresh moolicious milk; both ladies are garbed in shades of blue. 

The statue has cracks and pits in it which clearly suggest weathered stone, but some parts of the statue were too long and thin to survive if they were carved out of stone.  So I imagined the statue was made out of stone and bronze, I tried to make the bronze look like the patina had worn away, but I think I kind of botched it due to haste. 


I hope that wizard has some powerful spells prepared, because whereas you or I have to deal with picnic ants, this garden party is about to be raided by fierce goblins!  Barely attired in blue fabric, these are the last of the organized goblin tribes in the Reaper Bones 4 kickstarter rewards; only straggler goblins remain. 

Again, because of the blue theme, I painted their armor and weapons as bronze with a grayish patina.  The patina is worn away at abrasion points.

Unfortunately, I kind of rushed this batch, and I discovered that I missed some spots, even on those goblins.  You would think that I would have extra time during the COVID19 quarantine, but I've been working from home and I feel like I'm busier than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment